Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL

Go down 
+3
OfAk
matt of nkyps
Mike of NKYPS
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Christel of NKYPS
Admin
Christel of NKYPS

CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 10:25 am

lmfao
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkyps.com
kristin of nkyps

kristin of nkyps

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 4:19 pm

you know what its ok bc i have walter now! lol welcome to walmart...get you sh** and get out!
Back to top Go down
MJ

MJ

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 8:31 pm

hahaha wow that was pretty funny christel, im suprised matt took that one like a trooper
Back to top Go down
Christel of NKYPS
Admin
Christel of NKYPS

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 20, 2009 8:48 pm

Thats cause I CAN do that Hon, thats my bud and he knows was jk =p
Back to top Go down
OfAk

OfAk

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 2:42 am

I'm a little frustrated today, I got a pm from someone that happens to be a Christian and is part of a Paranormal group.This Individual and her group i invited to join us on our next Investigation of a village where the employee feels very uncomfortable in certain buildings and needs our help...

Apparently her brother email her and told her that what she is doing is witchcraft!

I have been taken slack and criticism from day one since i started this group, and needless to say i am used to it and i have a couple of things to say to those that judge:

1.There is only one that can judge me and you are not the one!
2.It is not witchcraft, as long as our reasons are for good and for the field,helping people etc in their time of need and understanding then you have no place, furthermore it does not change the fact that this exists

I am not going to vent anymore right now because i don't want to get upset, but i do want to add this, the fact that this type of phenomena does exist you need to have some faith in something or else you are not protected.

James/Founder/Lead Investigator/P.R.O.U.D a.k.a OfAk
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/proudgoldsboro
matt of nkyps
Admin
matt of nkyps

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 10:46 am

Im with ya there, my parents are not happy with me doing this as well. They think that there are paranormal things out there but that they are all evil or demonic, I totally disagree with this...
Back to top Go down
kristin of nkyps

kristin of nkyps

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2009 11:40 am

its funny that you say that....my mom is says the same thing to me...she wont even watch any kind of movie that has the paranormal in it bc she thinks it is "opening" her to all the evil paranormal. and my dad well he just thinks its all "silly" he is a big time skeptic i just dont even bother trying to explain myself to either one of them. And along with you matt i disagree that all paranormal things are evil or demonic....people are afraid of the unknown and it doesnt help that hollywood has glorified any paranormal activity as it being evil.
Back to top Go down
OfAk

OfAk

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 2:25 pm

"Then a spirit passed before my face;the hair of my flesh stood up." Job(4:15):
Back to top Go down
matt of nkyps
Admin
matt of nkyps

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 8:47 am

Very good point! Ill have to bring that up next time.
Back to top Go down
Mike of NKYPS

Mike of NKYPS

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:10 am

Kristin you hit it right on the head.

OfAk I know it is frustrating and alot of people are afraid of the unknown. I had simalar disagreements with my family and know it is difficult to try and explain to someone who is set in there ways. I can understand if you were making a pentagram and inviting the spirits into your body but I do believe like you that their are innoccent people who get in a situation with buying a house or property, that discover it is haunted and do not have the choice of moving out. So what are these people supposed to do? Police are not geared to help in these situations. For someone who has not been in this situation or talked to someone in this situation it is easy for them to say it is a sin to contact the dead or that they are all evil. They can not understand that even if you try to ignore them they make there presence known which is why so many people are terrified in their own homes and end up contacting us in the first place. Sure, we do public places for experience and knowledge and to get a grasp of what others have claimed happened in a place thought to be paranormal. We are all in this together and hopefully your friend will some day be able to stand up for what she believes in instead of what other unexperienced people say. Ask your friend to show you in the Bible where it says speaking to spirits or ghost is a sin. If anything it says quite the opposite. Let me know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
OfAk

OfAk

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 4:14 pm

I hear ya Mike, I guess the only thing that is frustrating is how people (society) judges something that they have no clue about from the get go, and then others follow. Personally i can handle all the flack, comments etc because I am used to it. I have talked to god about this work , and he knows my heart and the reason's I am doing it.
Back to top Go down
OfAk

OfAk

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 1:21 pm

Back to top Go down
OfAk

OfAk

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 1:23 pm

above is a link of something you might take interest in Mike, as far as contacting spirits the bible does talk about it but states it more of the way of witch craft,sorcery etc.
Back to top Go down
Mike of NKYPS

Mike of NKYPS

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 2:42 am

Some of the things on that link I think are interesting but also can be taken out of context. Like the passage that says all ghost are pretty much Demons or evil. Did an angel of the lord not appear to Mary to tell her she was going to give birth to a son. Im glad she did not think that was a DEMON or she might of killed our lord and savior. Didn't an angel of the lord appear to the wisemen, three kings and shepherds to tell them a savior was born? Some people can pull verses out of the Bible to fit their agendas. They say that contacting Spirits is an abomination, but yet if someone moves into a haunted house that needs to get help, what do they do? If they need to get help then is who ever helping them commiting an obomination because they are attempting to communicate with the dead to get them out of the house or see if anything is there. It is good to study a problem to know what the cure is. If a person is hallucinating how do you know she is not seeing an actual ghost or spirit without investigating. I guess the author can tell by looking at someone if they are or not. Since I do believe in Demons I also beleive in Angels and good spirits on this planet and a Spiritual War going on like you would not believe and would probably scare you if you knew everything that was going on. I do agreed with Demons trying to decieve people but I do not feel that this is the case 100 percent of the time. That website also mentioned that these family members coming back to visit their love ones is not true because of one lady testing the spirit who appeared in the form of her father and then failed the test and turned into a scary shadow figure. My mother does not advertise and does not look for paranormal experiences in her life but like a lot of people she has had loved ones that have passed away and come and tell her things that have saved lives in a crucial time and have brought joy to struggling family members. Sometimes we don't think she makes since when she tells of her experiences but something she says comes out at a later time that she could not have known the answer to weeks or months earlier. Could she just be guessing and always getting it right? Perhaps, but why would she say something with such conviction to later be proven wrong if it was not said by an angel of the lord or a familiar loved one. So to the average person reading this if you feel that contacting the paranormal is wrong and a sin then don't do it. God knows whats in everyones heart and knows your intentions. On judgement day he will be the only one I have to answer to. Thanks for that website OfAk, this was not directed at you and I know your beliefs from previous conversations, but I felt there is a lot of controversy around this subject and that this person believes that any spirit is of the Devil and evil even the ones that try to help us. If that is the case then you would have to believe that every spirit talked about in the Bible is a Demon or of the Devil which is totaly false.
Back to top Go down
MJ

MJ

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:23 am

on a conservative stand point, i believe everything happens for a reason and even if u try to fight destiny life is planned to be the way it is. everyone has a calling for their passions and answers like myself. whoever god is to you and what form you perceive god to be is souly determined upon your personal beliefs. What Mike said was very interesting and pretty amazing. For me i try to focus on the scientific aspect of the paranormal and relate it to my religion as to say, since ghosts or spirits are not scientifically proven, you can find a place with the answers your looking for to prove phenomenon to yourself. even if ghosts were proven to be real, the world is filled with many question that people will always debate. The only right answer in this field is what you believe in and what you feel is right, and every aspect from every religion can fill a void from where you cant find answers. so whatever god is to you and whatever your personal beliefs are, im not sure on everyone else's beliefs are, find what makes sense to you and you will find the answers you are looking for. do religion and spirits have a direct connection? do they show proof of the other? only you can answer those questions. Keep searching for those answers, by knowledge in science, the more you know the closer to god and understanding this confusing life you will become
Back to top Go down
Mike of NKYPS

Mike of NKYPS

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:38 am

Wow, and I thought I was deep. Pretty interesting MJ
Back to top Go down
MJ

MJ

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:43 am

hahaha thanks mike i try to make things interesting
Back to top Go down
SarasotaParanormal

SarasotaParanormal

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 7:59 pm

Wow! What a great thread, everyone!!

I would like to chime in, if I may. I will also ask your collective forgiveness in advance, if any of my questions or statements hit a nerve. They are not meant to do so.

I am an Agnostic (let the floggings commence). I also make it a point in my life to listen to, and hopefully learn at least a little something from ALL with whom I interact, without judgment from either side.

To see persons of Faith doing Paranormal research is very interesting to me. One of the reasons that I broke away from 'Organized' religion, was due to the way my curiosity, and questioning of the world around me was being stifled.

To date, any person of the Christian based religions that have heard of what I do as a researcher, condemns and scolds for dabbling in the 'darkness'. Which to me, is highly ironic.

Here's the part where I might rub someone wrong, but again, I'm just trying to find answers.....

The overall base of 'Believers' is highly offended that we want to find PROOF, or even disproof of an afterlife. To some, there are no ghosts, just 'demons'. Others will say that ghosts don't exist.

How then, are they able to believe in Angels, or a higher entity that they themselves cannot physically see, hear, touch, or otherwise measure? Isn't that the same as our 'ghosts'?

In the immortal words of Forest Gump: "That's all I go to say about that."
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarasotaparanormal.org
Christel of NKYPS
Admin
Christel of NKYPS

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 9:26 pm

Very good point there Sarasota, very well put, dont see how ANYONE could argue with that point there =)
Back to top Go down
matt of nkyps
Admin
matt of nkyps

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2009 10:25 pm

I follow you and feel the same way, and this is an open forum so opinions are allowed without the flogging. lol
Back to top Go down
OfAk

OfAk

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 12:22 am

John as far as people saying there are only "demons" is something i have ran across my whole life. Now I am not going to criticize you for being agnostic, as far as my beliefs go I do believe in Jesus Christ and what it says in the bible.

1st Samuel chapter 28 verse 1-20
This is where Saul was trying to contact Samuel (that was deceased) because god was not answering him in dreams prayers etc anymore because he pissed god off, so he looked for a medium to contact Samuel and was successful. Samuel said "why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?

Now according to the bible Samuel was a man of god,not a demon. Take this how you will but for people to say that there are only demons and no good spirits is ridiculous and shows how close minded people can be.
Back to top Go down
MJ

MJ

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 2:41 am

sarasota, i completely agree im pretty much the same way, i have always been science friendly
Back to top Go down
SarasotaParanormal

SarasotaParanormal

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 18, 2009 11:44 am

OfAk wrote:
John as far as people saying there are only "demons" is something i have ran across my whole life. Now I am not going to criticize you for being agnostic, as far as my beliefs go I do believe in Jesus Christ and what it says in the bible.

1st Samuel chapter 28 verse 1-20
This is where Saul was trying to contact Samuel (that was deceased) because god was not answering him in dreams prayers etc anymore because he pissed god off, so he looked for a medium to contact Samuel and was successful. Samuel said "why have you disturbed me by bringing me up?

Now according to the bible Samuel was a man of god,not a demon. Take this how you will but for people to say that there are only demons and no good spirits is ridiculous and shows how close minded people can be.

That's exactly it! Smile

Depending on the religion, God, Jesus, Buddha, Jehovah, Allah are all considered to be 'good' spirits. How can a person accept those, but not the possibility of others? Selective belief system?

I love the diversity of our team. Currently, we have a mix of Agnostic, Christian, Wiccan, Eastern/Buddhist members. It really makes for some great debating and forced thinking when reviewing evidence or events while on location.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarasotaparanormal.org
Mike of NKYPS

Mike of NKYPS

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 6:27 am

Sarasota,

I too have been ridiculed for doing what I do. As a Christian I try to do my best to understand the bible in the way I read and understand it. I believe that God will judge everyone on their personal relationship with him. I feel that there are people out there that have there own opinions on the bible and religion. I stand true to my beliefs and know that only God will judge us all one day so in that aspect I do not condemn other religions because God may say that even though I made it to heaven in my religion. This other religion would have been better suited for you and everyone.

Now like James stated earlier I do believe there are several passages in the bible that speak of good and evil spirits, demons, angels. So I would agree with you all as well that you can not say that there is only evil here on earth and not good. I have seen miracles happen through prayer that can not be explained. God does a great job of handling everything but the bible does say that he has angels for a reason. So if he has them why would we never use them or assume when something good happens like some religions say that there are only demons trying to sway us. That does not make since. A demon that answers a prayer for God so you believe more in God........... Yeah that makes since. LOL I'm glad that you and your group can debate the issue. A lot of people like you first thought feel this issue is too sensitive. Debating is healthy and makes you think more! Question Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike of NKYPS

Mike of NKYPS

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 11:03 pm

Just finished a 21 day fast that my church was doing, which was not something I had to do by any means but just wondered what other peoples thoughts are on fasting. This was my first one and I believe that it has brought me closer to God and reading my bible more. It also gave me a new appreciation for the food that we have here in this great country. Thanks Liam to you all who defend our great nation!!!!! God Bless America!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL   CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CHRISTIANS at work with the PARANORMAL
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2