Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark light IR/UV

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
OfAk

OfAk

Dark light IR/UV Empty
PostSubject: Dark light IR/UV   Dark light IR/UV Icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2009 3:50 pm

I would like to make a dark light like the GA have. I found where i can get the IR leds but i am having problems finding UV leds.

Anyone Anyone Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/proudgoldsboro
Mike of NKYPS

Mike of NKYPS

Dark light IR/UV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark light IR/UV   Dark light IR/UV Icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2009 2:36 am

Cant help you out there but if I see any Ill let you know.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkyps.com
SarasotaParanormal

SarasotaParanormal

Dark light IR/UV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark light IR/UV   Dark light IR/UV Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:17 am

Hi OfAk!

We've been doing some researching into the UV stuff, and most groups that have used it, don't report any differences over the more readily available IR technology. In most cases, the IR captures more than the UV.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarasotaparanormal.org
MJ

MJ

Dark light IR/UV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark light IR/UV   Dark light IR/UV Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 2:05 am

thats true because ir picks up what cant be seen by the naked eye but also is safe, uv is in the visible spectrum but has flaws with exposure.

Last edited by MJ NKYPS on Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MJ

MJ

Dark light IR/UV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark light IR/UV   Dark light IR/UV Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 11:47 am

sorry i mean some uv is in the visible spectrum for electronics, not for human eye. also uv emits short wavelengths so it can be hazardous if exposed to it for long periods of time. its getting close to xray like visibility which im not sure would help in researching paranormal.

wikipedia: Next in frequency comes ultraviolet (UV). This is radiation whose wavelength is shorter than the violet end of the visible spectrum, and longer than that of an x-ray.
Being very energetic, UV can break chemical bonds, making molecules unusually reactive or ionizing them, in general changing their mutual behavior. Sunburn, for example, is caused by the disruptive effects of UV radiation on skin cells, which is the main cause of skin cancer, if the radiation irreparably damages the complex DNA molecules in the cells (UV radiation is a proven mutagen). The Sun emits a large amount of UV radiation, which could quickly turn Earth into a barren desert; however, most of it is absorbed by the atmosphere's ozone layer before reaching the surface.

toward the end of the visible spectrum the red leading into ir is like vipers (snakes) vision which is based on heat. that would be very useful and thats why ir works really well. this might be something you can try to mess with........Terahertz radiation

Main article: Terahertz radiation
Terahertz radiation is a region of the spectrum between far infrared and microwaves. Until recently, the range was rarely studied and few sources existed for microwave energy at the high end of the band (sub-millimetre waves or so-called terahertz waves), but applications such as imaging and communications are now appearing. Scientists are also looking to apply terahertz technology in the armed forces, where high frequency waves might be directed at enemy troops to incapacitate their electronic equipment.

heres some info on spectrums for ya

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electromagnetic_spectrum
Back to top Go down
MJ

MJ

Dark light IR/UV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark light IR/UV   Dark light IR/UV Icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2009 12:01 pm

but if you do decide to mess with UV be careful because it can cause cancer with exposure. Im a biology major in college, im glad i get to use it sometimes with equipment Smile
Back to top Go down
Mike of NKYPS

Mike of NKYPS

Dark light IR/UV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark light IR/UV   Dark light IR/UV Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:28 am

Thanks MJ,

It is very helpful to have someone around that knows about the effects of different exposures to your body. I would think that you would have to have a lot of exposure from UV rays for it to possibly be cancerous, but working with it and doing tests on it may put you in that catagory.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkyps.com
MJ

MJ

Dark light IR/UV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark light IR/UV   Dark light IR/UV Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 1:52 am

yeah thats true, i guess it depends on tolerance of your body and also how long, but if that equipment becomes a standard over months or years of exposure it could cause problems. just depends how u protect yourself and also how you built the equipment lol
Back to top Go down
OfAk

OfAk

Dark light IR/UV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark light IR/UV   Dark light IR/UV Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:15 am

Very good topic, and a lot of good feedback as well. As far as the dangers I think it might be safe to say that the accuracy of possible evidence using that type of frequency (UV) could possibly lead to false positives, although I have seen some interesting pictures though.

I agree that the IR range has brought a lot to this field, sometimes the naked eye can see something like an apparition , shadows etc but an IR camera does not. Is this the mind playing tricks on us? Is that person the only receptive one? makes ya think O:
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/proudgoldsboro
MJ

MJ

Dark light IR/UV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark light IR/UV   Dark light IR/UV Icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2009 3:38 am

yes it does! even with IR there are flaws. with it being visible to camera but not naked eye, knowing how sensitive IR is, you can see things on tape you cant explain because of course we cant see it. So even if the IR captures something how can it be proven by science? thats something we need to figure out. refections can be a nightmare as well as other light emiting sources. xray spectrum does no good because it sees through almost anything which could end up being evidence from the streets, gamma rays (in my opinion as a science major) dont really have any use in this field so we are limited to few resources. UV could end up being very successful, but how do we use it? how is UV useful in our field? i ask the same things with IR as well, its hard to prove what you cant see. Only advantage with IR is that its available everywhere and most all investigation groups use them. Universally we need to implement these ideas and help one another to find something we can use for solid evidence! Thats what my goal in the group is. i want to relate my degree to help find answers we are all looking for. I have a few teachers in my college interested in paranormal studies and any questionable inventions i would love to build, test, and take it to my professor for a second opinion. Teachers are gold because they study and teach the material on a regular basis and can be very helpful in advancing the technology and giving info on how to do that. if you have any ideas you want me to relay to a college professor or to check out please keep posting. I might not have all the answers or might be a little off but i will try my best to help everyone in getting closer to ideas in helping this field advance
Back to top Go down
OCFPR_Gerry

Dark light IR/UV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark light IR/UV   Dark light IR/UV Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2009 2:58 pm

I made a UV light source box a long time ago and I got the UV LED's from eBay. I used the UV lighting with Kodak T-Max Black and White 400 speed film. I talked to Kodak and they said that the UV lighting and T Max film is used in forensic photography. The film is a bit expensive to have developed but can be done at a local lab up in Clifton.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dark light IR/UV Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark light IR/UV   Dark light IR/UV Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark light IR/UV
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome :: Equipment-
Jump to: