Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me......

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Christel of NKYPS
Admin
Christel of NKYPS

Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me...... Empty
PostSubject: Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me......   Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me...... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 5:38 pm

OK first and foremost, I am NOT pointing fingers at 1 certain person, so if you read this and take it personal, thats on you, just is soley MY OPINION, thats it, thats all, although it is very fact based.........
Listen, there is NO such thing as a "CERTIFIED" paranormal investigator, there is NO professional investigator in this world, so who is certifying you? Is there a college I dont know about that you can go to school and graduate with a masters in ghost hunting? If so, please tell me the name of this school because hey, if they are professionals in the paranormal, I wanna go there and get all the answers so we can all have them too, not just a few selected ones lol Why keep searching for answers if there is a school that already has them. I get there are classes to help you learn the basics of ghost hunting, thats all good, but people, as far as you are now certified and are all of a sudden a professsional paranormal investigator, not happening, no such thing and if you have paid some 1 to give you the basics on what to and not to do and they say your now a professional, please listen when I tell you, you got scammed. If they were anyone that had all the answers, best believe they would not be sitting around taking their time to school you for a couple hundered dollars, they would be living higher then TAPS on tv and rolling in big bucks from giving all the answers to all the scientist in the world wanting paranormal answers....... Sorry if this offended anyone but just speaking the truth, stop the madness, we are all in this together, no need to try and outdo the next team, we all are looking for the same answers to the same questions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel free to email or message me if you have something to say about this bulletin, but like I said, its all the truth and if you take it personal, well, maybe you need to rethink your position as well?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkyps.com
matt of nkyps
Admin
matt of nkyps

PostSubject: Re: Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me......   Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me...... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:41 pm

AMEN SISTER!
Back to top Go down
Christel of NKYPS
Admin
Christel of NKYPS

PostSubject: Re: Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me......   Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me...... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:16 pm

lmao
Back to top Go down
kristin of nkyps

kristin of nkyps

PostSubject: Re: Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me......   Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me...... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 9:53 am

i 100% agree with you christel! Exclamation
Back to top Go down
OfAk

OfAk

PostSubject: Re: Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me......   Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me...... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:01 am

You go girl!

Many Investigators might have a little or a lot more experience in the field, but that does not! make them a professional. It is like saying I am a professional of mystery.

Those groups out there that claim to be professionals and charge money to Investigate will meet their end soon. After an investigation we all will come up with a conclusion and/or advise (to client) on what is happening, sometimes our conclusion could be wrong because we don't know for sure, we just collect the evidence,analyze it and then give the opinion.

For those that claim to be a professional investigator i got a question for you since you know so much.

Question:where in the hell did all the ships, planes etc go in the Bermuda triangle go that disappeared?

*OfAk'S heart rate goes up*
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/proudgoldsboro
SarasotaParanormal

SarasotaParanormal

PostSubject: Re: Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me......   Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me...... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:00 pm

That's a GREAT topic, Cristel!!!

I would imagine that it depends on your definition of 'certified'.

As far as colleges that offer the certification, Flamel College actually offers a few different courses in this arena. My wife is halfway through their program for Parapsychology.

I got mine from the ParaNexus Academy, which is comprised of researchers and investigators from all around the world. These individuals have contributed their experiences to help give anyone in the field guidance in becoming better at what they do. The CPI is for finishing the basic course, and the CLPI is for passing the Leadership course, which was actually a management class, and not so much paranormally related.

I am one of those who paid for a course, and got a 'certification' upon completion. Do I think that I am a 'professional'? Not in my wildest dreams! Do I think that the instructors have all of the answers? Not a chance. If they did, they wouldn't still be active as invstigators.

All the certificate means to me, is that I studied the course material (which I personally found to be wonderfully comprehensive and insightful), wrote a 1000 word dissertation, passed the final exam, and received a certificate of completion. It all comes down to the fact that I've got something to display for my efforts.

To me, the only certification that carries any REAL weight, is one that is useful in obtaining a good career.

In the particular course that I took (which was much less than $100), I learned quite a bit that has helped me as an investigator, and as a team director. That makes it worthwhile to me, and that's ultimately what counts at the end of the day.

Does it really make a difference to anyone? Who knows? Some potential clients may find it reassuring, others may not give a fig about it. Does it make me any more of an authority than anyone else? I would be arrogant to believe that.

In this field we ALL learn every day, and will never stop learning, as long as new equipment, techniques and evidence is found.

On the subject of competition, yes...there are MANY investigators and groups out there that make it a habit of badmouthing others in order to make themselves look better. That mindset is utter shite. The ONLY way for the answers to be learned is through honest investigations and cooperation with others in the field.

O.k., I've rambled enough. LOL!!

Again, this is a great subject, Christel!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarasotaparanormal.org
Christel of NKYPS
Admin
Christel of NKYPS

PostSubject: Re: Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me......   Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me...... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:15 pm

Thank you =) Now see you went to an ACTUAL College for something else that can "help" in this feild, what I mean by this and I know you know what I mean, just putting it out for others that are NOT investigators or may be confused by what I meant... These ppl (groups) saying they are "certifying" these ppl as investigators because they take a week or couple weeks of Ghost Hunting 101 from them and bam, they are now certified "ghost hunters" and pay them a couple hundred dollars for that piece of paper that in all reality, they could of learned the same exact things from any investigator, online, forums or simply by just asking someone. Like for example, without mentioning any names, a group close to here, charges ppl I THINK its $200 for a 7 day "learn how to be a ghost hunter" class and say they are certified after them 7 days, I mean come on, I been doing this 2 yrs and still am learning, what can u really learn in 7 days other then the basic equipment usage and dont do alone rule lmao Razz Oh wait and in 7 days you can learn how to throw away $200 ahahahahahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
SarasotaParanormal

SarasotaParanormal

PostSubject: Re: Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me......   Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me...... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:29 pm

Holy CRAP! We all need to start offering $200 classes and retire early!! LOL!!!

I can't say much about the Flamel class, as my wife is the one taking that course, but the BASIC course I took at ParaNexus was a 300+ page book, and the final exam (which took me almost 2 hours to complete) included multiple choice and true/false questions and examining and classifying actual EVP's/photos/videos, as well as the 100 word dissertation, which had to be fit for publication.

I actually found it more challenging than most of the classes I had way back in high school.

All told, I think I spent probably 40-50 hours on it. Cost of the class was a whopping $65. There was also an option of getting the course material in printed and bound form for an extra $25, but I chose not to do that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.sarasotaparanormal.org
Christel of NKYPS
Admin
Christel of NKYPS

PostSubject: Re: Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me......   Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me...... Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:40 pm

hahahaha I kow right, thats what I said, hell I print out a piece of paper for half that cost for em lmao Its insanity and a rip off, in all actuallity, its something that any group should do for FREE to help out others wanting to learn, not saying take em on an actual investigation with em or anything, but sit down with em in spare time and talk with them and explain things to them, something to help the community, stop trying to make a dollar for everything in life, especially for just a few hours of ur time and something you are not qualified to do urself ya know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me......   Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Problem in the paranormal field that really annooys me......
Page 1 of 1