Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

OKAY, who can help me out with this one

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike at NKYPS

OKAY, who can help me out with this one Empty
PostSubject: OKAY, who can help me out with this one   OKAY, who can help me out with this one Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 5:34 am

While at a private residence we were doing an investigation in an upstairs room with the K2 and voice recorder. During the investigation the K2 was getting alot of activity and several spikes in the center of the room after a flat base reading was completed. I grabbed my handy cam to capture some of the K2 readings on tape. The light from the handy cam illuminated my reflection in a window approximately eight feet away from where I was standing.

While video taping the K2 spikes, I noticed a black shadaw walk in front of my reflection in the window, which blocked it out from my veiw. I first thought I was seeing things and shined the video camera at the window hoping to capture a glance at what I was seeing. As I was pointing the video camera at the window I saw the shadow walk out of the window to where I could again see my reflection. When I looked down at the video screen it was completely white from the IR light reflecting off the window and blinding the camera. Frustrated at the fact that I did not capture the shadow due to the IR blinding he camera I have tried to think of a way to actually capture evidence in a reflection or mirror without the blinding effect. So I open it up to you all for suggestions.
Back to top Go down
MJ

MJ

PostSubject: Re: OKAY, who can help me out with this one   OKAY, who can help me out with this one Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 10:45 am

off set the camera where the ir isnt pointed right at it but u can still see it
Back to top Go down
Christel of NKYPS
Admin
Christel of NKYPS

PostSubject: Re: OKAY, who can help me out with this one   OKAY, who can help me out with this one Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 12:10 pm

Right MJ, never point a ir camera towards a window, mirror, glass, its going to reflect, bounce back and blind the camera
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkyps.com
Mike of NKYPS

Mike of NKYPS

PostSubject: Re: OKAY, who can help me out with this one   OKAY, who can help me out with this one Icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:19 am

Okay I know completely agree with that when setting equipment up. But when it happens when you are standing in front of the window and only have a split second Im not sure that will work. I have thought about this though. If you turn off the IR light you may still be able to see the reflection due to the camera glare of course it will not be the best but better than blinding yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nkyps.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OKAY, who can help me out with this one   OKAY, who can help me out with this one Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OKAY, who can help me out with this one
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome :: Personal Experiences-
Jump to: